Wednesday, September 9, 2020

Court Records from McHenry Co., IL on Mary Ann Dummruff

Hello everyone, It has been awhile since I have posted anything. The court records have come in, and to my surprise, it was not what I excpeted. I received 85 pages or more becasue some of them was printed on the backside. I started sitting down to transcribe the documents and I was a little confuse with the information that I was finding in the records. I know for a fact that Johannah Zeigler and George Zeigler mention in the records are my Anna Mary Dummruff's mother and stepfather. The records kept on metioning a Mary Ann Dummruff who was a minor in 1873. I though, wait a minute, my Anna Mary Dummroff was a grown married woman who married Johann Schmitt she is no minor she was 35 years old in 1873. I thought this was to be around 1879. I keep transcribing and the story unfolds. When I first saw the write up in the circiut court records under common law in the newspaper for May 1879. I thought for sure this would be about the young man who was listed in the 1900 census with Anna Mary Schmitt as a son named Henry Schmitt born May 1879. This would be four years after Anna Mary Dummruff's husband had passaway. In this case it was not. This is about Anna Mary's sister Mary Ann also known as "Annie." In 1873 she became pregnant by Lawrence Rineck who was a neighboor about 13 families from their family in the 1880 census of Hampshire township, Kane County, Illinois. Johannah Zeigler on the behalf of her minor daughter Anna Mary, Anna Mary will be 18 on Oct 28, 1873. Johannah said her daughter did not need a man she needs the money. Before it was all said and done they was awarded $500 dollars in 1873. The years went by and Lawrence had not paid anything. They took him back to court in 1879, this time he had to pay interest on the $500 which came to be $677.08 it was 6% since November 1873. I did find out that Johannah first husband was not alive in 1873. And Johannah had lived in Kane County for 11 years from 1879. My clustering still contiunes to find more information on Johann Schmitt

No comments:

Post a Comment